Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Truth About God's Love For You {You Are God's Masterpiece}

{You are God's Masterpiece}


"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation

And in another version: 

"For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship)recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]." Ephesians 2:10 Amplified Bible


This verse has been running through my mind since this morning... and I love it so much! This morning I felt it pretty soon after I got up that I needed to remind myself of who I am to God, who I am in Jesus. This verse came rushing into my mind and just saying out loud and to myself through out the day "I am God's masterpiece" made all the difference and kept my mind on Him and what He has made me to be in Christ. 

I know in the day to day sometimes we, I, don't feel like I am God's masterpiece. But that is one of the amazing things about God's Word. We can stand on those Words and the truth of them whether we feel it or not. It is the truth. Bottom line. And what God's Word says about you and me... well my friend, it says that "we are God's masterpiece" :) Or "God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship)" and that we have been "recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew]." Ephesians 2:10 Amplified and New Living Translations. Wow!!! It is so comforting to know in my head and my heart that without a doubt, even when my life may look ordinary, or maybe a mess, or maybe like it's all falling apart on the to the my human eye, God as the artist sees... a masterpiece. He has taken what seems to be something plain or even messy looking as an artist does and has shaped us into something completely new and wonderful... a masterpiece. Just as a sculpture takes something that seems plain or ordinary like a hunk of rock and turns it into something remarkable - so God has done with us! Or maybe how a potter takes a blob of clay, messy and lacking purpose and forms it into something beautiful and full of purpose - so God has done for us through the Lord Jesus Christ. He has taken everything about our lives, the good, the not so good and even the ugly and has shaped us into something that He considers His masterpiece :) His workmanship :) And I know that just as an artist is happy with what they have created, so is He with how He has created us anew in Christ Jesus! Praying that we may each see ourselves as the handiwork of God that we are and truly believe that "if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 New International Version You are a new creation in Christ and it is beautiful to see! Blessings on you guys and your families, praying this a beautiful week for you as you grow closer to the One who loves you most! Let me know if there's anything I can pray for you about!

No comments:

Post a Comment