Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Standing in Awe - - - More of Him and Less of Me

Standing in Awe ----> Living in Awe

" I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!" Psalm 34:1-3

"My soul makes its boast in The Lord." Psalm 34:2 

Why am I doing what I am doing......?? I feel like this question has been swirling around in my mind quite a bit lately. With regards to a lot of different things. With regards to training clients again, with regards to this blog, with regards to talking with people, with regards to where my heart is when I'm doing these things.... why am I doing them? I want to do them ALL for God but I feel like so quickly my pride can set in and what I started out doing because I love God and I want to do the things He's given me to do for His glory turns into me doing things to make myself look good or feel good. Sometimes it really starts to get me down... I'm like come onnnn.... I thought I went through this already :) but the cool thing is that God is not surprised by our waywardness. God is not surprised by our sins, our pride, our self focus at times. He loves us in the midst of it all. And He is there calling us back to Him to focus on Him time and time again. To focus on Him, to fix our eyes on Him and his MAGNIFICENT glory and to stand in awe of Him = living in awe of Him and not in awe of myself and what I think I can do. I feel like this can be a trap sometimes in being a mom... We are given a multitude of different things we get to do each day. In one day we can be in the role of teacher, mother, nurse (well applying band aids anyways... Not all the other things our awesome nurses do :) thank you guys by the way!) chef, household cleaner, floor scrubber, poopy diaper changer, juice server, husband lover... Lots of different things. Lately what has been on heart (not wart like my auto correct text tried to say hehe :) ) is how do I live this life while doing these different things to glorify God alone and not myself? How can I keep Him at the center? How can I keep it about Him and not about me? I would love to hear what you guys think, please comment with what you feel like God has taught you/showed you about this! For me... Without really realizing it until I started typing out this journal entry... I feel like God has really been pointing me to verses about standing in awe of Him, that call us to magnify His name together and proclaim His wonderful and awesome excellencies. I didn't put two and two together until now (thank you God... I need help seeing the connections... Sometimes it takes me a minute :) ) that to keep from making much of myself... I make much of Him!! :) how freeing! That by His goodness and His Spirit that my eyes may be so filled with Him that I don't have any room to be looking at myself or looking around at what other people think of me. My eyes looking only at Him. Only at those eyes. Those eyes that have seen every wrong I have ever done but have never wavered or turned away because He couldn't handle me and my wrongness. Those eyes that have seen everything from the beginning of time, from the very first leaf that was formed to the moment when one of His children takes their last breath... He is there, He has always been there and He is going no where! That's something to get excited about! That's something to boast about! That He is God, He is Lord! That He created everything, his creativity is amazing! That through Jesus God has shown His love for us... He knew we would do wrong but He didn't leave us alone in our wrongness... He came down, Himself, in a human body to take care of it once and for all because He loves us THAT much!!

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says The Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18 

(I love how He says "come now let us settle the matter" :) God got down to business and was serious about getting His children back, serious about saving His children. He took death and sin head on... no turning back. 

Now that's something to boast about... Our God is something to boast about. And in return... I will have no room left to boast about anything I have done! Thank you God!

Lord please empty us of us and fill us with you, please fill our eyes with you and our hearts full that we may "proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called us out of darkness into His glorious light." (1 Peter 2:9)

"I will bless the Lord at all times;
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.

Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!" Psalm 34:1-3


Excited to hear about what God has shown you guys, feel free to share below if you feel led to do that! :) 
Lots of love to all of you guys!!

1 comment: