Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

A Song and Some Moments from Women of Faith

This past weekend a group of the ladies from the Transit church got to attend the DC Women of Faith Conference... It was so. much. FUN! God is amazing! This was my favorite song from the conference... beautiful!

Victor's Crown (click here to see video on YouTube)

Hope this song encourages you guys too and maybe can help you when you are feeling beat up, beat down or just exhausted and feeling stuck. With all of the things that can come up in life sometimes we end up feeling this way. Many of us can have a hard time with everything from anxiety, depression, addiction, negative self image, suicidal thoughts. Just know that He is always there and He is always victorious! He has won he victory for you :)

As for the rest of the conference.. I really needed that time of focusing on Him and learning about Him. Been having some hard times with different things emotionally and just feeling really really held down by the weight of everything that was going on and was having a hard time doing the things I knew I needed to do. Was really getting my value from the things I do or in this case DONT do hehe. Yep, living this way and relying on others or what I do to validate myself can take me up up up when I feel like I'm doing good and down down down when I feel like I'm doing not so good (let's be honest here... when I feel like I'm doing awful). I know in my head that this is not how God made me to live but sometimes in the day to day things I lose sight of it... I lose sight of Him and what He has done for me and begin living in bondage again to the expectations and thought of others. But I do not have to live this way... WE do not have to live this way :) FREEDOM has already come. Jesus has already come and we have been set free to be ourselves. Each our very own, unique, wonderful, specially designed selves that God made only us to be.

"For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage." Galatians 5:1 (ASV)

Another version:

"In [this] freedom Christ has made us free [and completely liberated us]; stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery [which you have once put off]." Galatians 5:1 (AMP)


He is the only One we need to look to and He loves us with a love that can not be shaken, can not be changed by what we do. He has a love that will never give up, never run away and never say that we are too much or that we don't do enough. This is our God :) He is AWESOME and SO worthy to be praised! Here some pieces of this past weekends conference...

* My victory and honor comes from The Lord alone! (This one hit home for me like a ton of bricks right at the beginning of the conference... Any honor I have comes from Him alone... That means I dont need to try and get it from other people or what I do. Yes! I don't know about you but this spells F.R.E.E.D.O.M. to me :) )

* "The Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost" (or in other words the devastated, ruined, broken beyond repair.)

* Storms are a gift.... (Really changed the whole thing for me).

* If Jesus says we're going somewhere (like across the lake 4:35), than were going somewhere whether there is a storm or two in the middle of the trip or not. He will get us there. He will get us across that lake if He says He will.

* We can either not get into the boat with Jesus at all, get in but be ready to abandon ship if it gets to rough, or be in all the way (if Jesus is in the boat... Its all good, doesn't matter where were going).

* Throughout the Bible sisters in Christ are calling out across the centuries echoing the same thing... BELIEVE! (Liz Curtis Higgs) believe and you will be changed.

* It is as if the world is a big game of chess. The devil on one side and God on the other side. Back and forth, back forth they have made move after move, the devil not wanting to be out done. What are they playing for, what is so important to them that they continued playing? You and me :) God made every move that He needed to and at the just the perfect moment He came down through Jesus Christ to finish it Himself as a Daddy would to win his children back from sin, death and the world. And on the Cross before he died Jesus said "It is finished" and it is!!!

* Each of us can come to God and say "Hi God, its (insert your name here), the one whom you love".

* Obsess over how God loves each of us and not what I do for Him. By doing doing and trying trying to be good....do we miss Jesus? Do we miss the One? The One who came down from Heaven to save us?

The point is Jesus :) He is everything! He can do anything and He is trustworthy :) He is perfect even though I feel broken at times. He is kind even when I feel rushed and frustrated. He is loving even when I am unlovely. He is selfless even when I feel like being selfish. He completes me and through Him we can receive all that we can not be on our own. He took our place in every way and now


"it is no longer I (we) who live, but Christ who lives in me (us)." Galatians 2:20 



No comments:

Post a Comment